What’s in a Story?
‘What’s in a name’ the phrase epitomized by Shakespeare is very well known.
However, if you ask, what’s in a story, I would say;
– Free travel to a different world
– Emotional Connect with new people (characters)
– An exercise for the brain (as we all try to guess the ending)
– Experience of a few years condensed in a few hours
– Gives us an ability to look beyond the immediate
– Helps us to see things from a different perspective
– An unconditional love for someone else (as we fall in love with characters)
– And, a never-ending hope that things will ultimately be fine
So, which one is your reason to read stories?
and don’t forget to check out my latest story book – 21 Short and Inspiring Stories